End User documentation
Use the below information with your Support, Success, and Product teams to better assist your customers. Feel free to add as much or as little of this information to your own documentation!
We've compiled a list of best practices we believe to be worth reviewing in order to have the best experience:
- Try using headphones or a headset to reduce background noise and improve focus
- Mute yourself when you aren't speaking, so as not to distract from those currently speaking or cause echo
- Use a browser that is up to date, preferably Chrome or a Chromium based application
Many of the most common issues experienced while on a video call can be resolved with a few steps:
- Refresh your browser page
- Try loading the page in a private or incognito window
- Quit/close your current browser and try joining from a different browser
- Close any other applications or tabs that may be controlling access to the camera or microphone
- Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then reboot your computer
There are a number of factors that can contribute to inconsistent quality on a call, like network conditions and computer processing power. Work through the options below to try and improve the experience:
- Try restarting your WiFi router
- Get closer to the router, or connect via ethernet
- If possible, try connecting via another network temporarily (for example a hotspot connection)
- Close any applications or browser tabs that you aren't actively using on the call
If previously mentioned steps aren't successful in resolving the issue, here are some supplementary tips and actions to try:
- Disable any ad-blockers, VPN, or privacy extensions. Occasionally browser extensions can interfere with how Whereby loads, which can manifest as video, audio, or room joining issues.
- Check your firewall or other security softwares (like anti-virus) to make sure they aren't blocking connection requests. You can try temporarily disabling them to see if it improves the connection. Port 443 will need to be open to all TCP and UDP traffic.